[rescue] Difference between U5/10?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 11 15:08:35 CDT 2005

FitzGerrell, Kevin (Kinleith) wrote:
> I don't see why you couldn't use the same system board in both boxes, albeit
> with different riser cards.  Here's the parts lists for system boards for
> U5 and U10 from Sun:
>
> Ultra 5
> ------------------------------
> 375-0009 	270MHz
> 375-0066 	270/333/360/400MHz
> 375-0079 	270/333/360/400MHz
> 375-0115 	333/360/400MHz
> 375-3060 	333/360/400MHz
>
> Ultra 10
> 375-0009 	300/333MHz
> 375-0066 	333/360/440MHz
> 375-0079 	333/360/440MHz
> 375-0115 	333/360/440MHz
> 375-3060 	333/360/440MHz

So ... if it's in a U5 and has a 333MHz or better, it'll take a 400.
And, if it's in a U5 and will take a 400, the same board in a U10 will
take a 440, so it too should take a 440.

That said, I doubt the upgrade would be worth it for what I'm using my
two U5s for.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518