[rescue] Bad UPS II: The Sad Mac

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Oct 3 12:50:07 CDT 2005

Fri, 30 Sep 2005 @ 12:58 -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 said:

> Yup.  The reason is that UPS and FedEx have your route serviced by a
> guy who buys the truck and the route is his own business - he is paid
> on a per-piece basis or a per-route basis in most cases, so having to
> wait around for you means he can't deliver as many packages in a day
> and/or finish his route in time.

The UPS trucks come out of their Newport News warehouse, and they are
all UPS employees.

Let's put it this way: they all have employee badges, and my cousin who
works there used to be one of the drivers on my route.

FEDEX, I don't know.  I've never actually seen them deliver.  Makes some
sense though.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We are all of us in the gutter, some of us
looking at the stars." -- Oscar Wilde]