[rescue] sun UltraEngine AXe questions..

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun May 29 05:46:35 CDT 2005

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 02:58:22AM -0500, K. wrote:
> can i replace the CDROM drive (that is a laptop drive) with a DVD-rom drive
> that i have laying around here and still have it boot media that would boot in
> the cdrom drive?

Should work just fine.

> which SCSI card is bootable in this machine? (i want to ditch the EIDE junk)

Anything normally bootable in a SPARC system.

> anyone know what the latest firmware for the AXe is? or where to find the
> patch file that has the latest?

I"ve got it around here somewhere from when SunHELP was a 300Mhz AXe
box.

Be sure and run SunVTS on it for a day or two - I had to move off of
mine due to L2 cache corruption issues.  Neat little board, though.

Bill

--
bill bradford
houston, texas