[rescue] Upgrading an E220R to E420R...

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri May 27 11:23:14 CDT 2005

" From: Wes Will <wwill at siu.edu>
"
" At 09:04 AM 5/27/2005 -0400, you wrote:
" >" the only way out.  I've got a vaulted ceiling in here, so plenty of
" >" "up" room.
" >
" ><memories of at&t days and 14-foot racks...>
" >Andrew Hay
"
" And falling from 14-foot ladders, swinging from cables to break the fall....

i was never that ummm lucky, but i did work briefly with a fellow that
dropped a crescent wrench across the busbars of a large co while
working on the cable track overhead.

melted the wrench clear through.  didn't even glitch the -48.  he
carried the eye end clipped to his tool belt as a safety reminder.

the tallest bays i was actually responsible for were 11s that another
group ordered by mistake, so i got them cheap/free.  that was at bell
labs, and my test systems didn't fill them.  that was also my first
job where i was officially a sysadmin, sVr3 on 3b2s.