[rescue] Using a Lightwave with a 220R

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri May 27 11:08:16 CDT 2005

Earl wrote:

> > What, the 13W3-to-VGA adapter is Sun-branded?
> >

> Mine looks like a "very short" cable, VGA one side, 13W3 the other.
> Do you have a different type of cable??

   Nope, I have the dark gray ones that come with the PGX64 cards.

> So, if by chance there is some way I could get you to make
> a copy of [the manual] sometime, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

   Send me your postal address offline, and I'll try to get you a
photocopy next week.

> I saw some settings like A3 and the like. And
> it went to 25!?  What the heck is that?

   'Why can't you just mnake 10 _louder_?"

> some odd mode?  Or something weird with chaining these things
> together??

   Yeah, you can daisy-chain up to five 5-port KVMs in a row for 25
hosts.

> But, no, after resetting it, and trying to boot the 220R,
> still get the solid Amber and Green LED's.

  Stupid question: have you hooked up to the serial port? Is it really
booting? Are you just impatient for the interminable POST to finish? Is
it locked to ttya (and not sending output to the monitor) in NVRAM?
   Did you say whether you'd booted the system with the monitor cabled
right in to the server?
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt