[rescue] New toys.

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Thu May 26 12:43:12 CDT 2005

I got a pair of E6500 and three E4000 carcasses (missing a lot of stuff,
including some PCMs, most of the power input modules, and all the CPU
boards) for $cheap last week.

After a bit of money on eBay and utilizing my collection of spare
boards, I got together enough parts to have something fun running:

http://computer-refuge.org/e6500-boot.txt

Now, 2/3 of the CPUs are actually 400s, but the others are 336s, so
everything gets run at 336MHz.

So, I've noticed a "warning" message I've been getting from the machine,
which seems to be non-deadly:

0,0>ERROR: TEST=System Interrupts,SUBTEST=System Interrupts ID=1f.1
0,0>Component under test: Board 0 System Interrupt
0,0>Rack Fan failed

Anyone have an idea what the "Rack Fan" is on these?  My best guess it
the fan on the keyswitch module, or for the removable media bays.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org