[rescue] Using a Lightwave with a 220R

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu May 26 09:30:06 CDT 2005

Earl asked:

> When the E420R boots, do you get picture initially??

   I have the manual (such as it is) in my hands, and I think this
approaches the problem: the 420R server is OK -- but when the KVM is
first powered up, it needs you to tell it how many systems are cabled to
it!
   If the document that you said you found on line is the same as my
printed manual booklet, check out Step 7 on page 9. Here, if you can't
find that, is the text (to be followed after plugging in AC, video, and
keyboard, but before powering up the server and after powering up the
KVM):
----------start of manual excerpt----------
A) Press and hold both the UP and DOWN buttons on the ServerSwitch front
panel simultaneously and hold down for two seconds until the display
reads two periods "..", then release both buttons.
B) Using either the UP or DOWN button, change the number on the display
to show the total number of CPUs connected to the ServerSwitch. Example:
If there are five CPUs, enter the number "05". This is the rollover
vlue.
C) Again, press and hold both thew UP and DOWN buttons simultaneously
for two seconds until the display again reads two periods, "..".
D) The ServerSwitch will automatically reset to the number 1 channel and
siaplay "01".
-----------end of manual excerpt-----------
   Does that help?
-wde