[rescue] Graphics on SunBlade 1000

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon May 23 20:19:36 CDT 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005, James Jacocks wrote:

> XVR-100

A good card.  This is basically an ATI Radeon PCI with Sun firmware.

> Creator 3D Series 3

I've been running this for a while.  It's decent, so long as you don't
run GNOME.  It doesn't do large blits well, so things that do lots of
repeated painting are slow.

With a trim desktop (I'm partial to WindowMaker), this is a very
respectable card.

> Elite 3D M6

Garbage.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "It's alright for someone to sleep past noon every
Elgin, TX         (   once in a while.  That's what it means to be a