[rescue] Graphics on SunBlade 1000

James Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Mon May 23 18:51:07 CDT 2005

My office just got me a new workstation, after a year of waiting.
The machine is decent, but graphics performance isn't.  All I need is
for my xterms to scroll smoothly at 24bit depth, I don't do any
graphics work.

My machine is a SunBlade 1000 2x900,2gb,2x36gb with a PGX-32.  The
board seems adequate at 8 bit depth, but not at all at 24 bit.  I'm
considering the following graphics cards, and I'd like some advice on
their comparative 2d speed at 1280x1024x32.

XVR-100
Creator 3D Series 3
Elite 3D M6

Other suggestions are obviously welcome.

Thanks!