[rescue] Using a Lightwave with a 220R

Earl D. Baugh Jr. earl at baugh.org
Sat May 21 21:16:51 CDT 2005

Has anybody out there use a E220R with a Lightwave Server Switch
5000?    It's a 5 port KVM switch with 13w3
and the keyboard connector.  It's of course been discontinued for quite a
while (isn't all rescue stuff?) and
I don't have a manual for it.  I've tried googling for it, and have also
posted on one forum for Lightwave.de, which
seemed to have some info on this model...but it looks fairly inactive.

Anyway, there seems to be some magic that I haven't quite figured out.  Got
a Raptor graphic card with the VGA plug out, to
an adapter for a VGA to 13W3. That, running straight into the monitor works
just fine.  But thru the Lightwave, I get no
picture, I get green and amber lights.  Which is like when I've got signal,
but the monitor is asleep.
(at least that's what I get with the other Sun monitor that's hooked up to
my PC switch box....)   The monitor is a
standard Sun GDM 20E20, which I've not had any problems hooking up to
otherwise.  I also checked the cables and
ports with other Sun boxes.  All work fine with other machines, and the
other adapter I had again, worked directly
hooked up, but not not thru the Lightwave.

Any ideas?

Earl