[rescue] Wifi Bridge?

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed May 18 10:32:06 CDT 2005

On 5/17/05, Michael Dombrowski <ab1244 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I need to get a Mac and Sun on a 802.11b/g network,
> can anyone recommend a cheap bridge? I know I can get
> another WRT54G and use that but are there any other
> routers out there that can also bridge?

I ponyed up and paid the $130 or so for the Linksys WET54GS5.
The switch in it is managed (VLANs, etc), which surprised the
heck out of me.

I managed to "brick" a WRT54GS trying to install 3rd party firm-
ware, so I was a little gunshy of going that route.  (I need to get
the stuff together to put a serial port on it so I can unbrick it.)

I was under the impression that the WRT54G would only allow
a single device to connect to it when it was put into bridge mode.
Presumably, from what Bill has said Sveasoft has corrected that.

=Nadine=