[rescue] Plextor PX-32TSi and ultra 1

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri May 13 15:29:33 CDT 2005

Mike Nicewonger wrote:
>>Unfortunately, not knowing what generates the error, there's not much
>>I can do. So I guess this UPA motherboard will go to the trash. I'll
>>save the nvram module.
>

> OK, so we have narrowed the issue down to the system board. Now, try
> swapping the NVRAM. I honestly think that is your problem. Be aware, the
> system board you have that is functional is an older (non E) model of the
> U1. The major differences are: 10 MBps LE Ethernet as opposed to 10/100 HME,
> FW SCSI instead of narrow SCSI and the UPA slot.

Er ...  correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you mean "10Mbps LE and
narrow SCSI vs. 1/0100 HME and FW SCSI", rather than 10 and Fast Wide
vs. 10/100 and narrow?  (which is what you appeared to be saying)

My recollection is that my U1, which is a U1E board in a U1 case, has
fast Wide.  Then again, I could be on crack^H^H^H^H^Hpainkillers.

--
 Phil Stracchino
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 408-592-8081