[rescue] Plextor PX-32TSi and ultra 1

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Thu May 12 16:23:48 CDT 2005

On May 12, 2005, at 5:18 PM, Francois Dion wrote:

> I'm looking at an Ultra 1 I got a while back and never got around to
> fixing/installing it. I fixed an issue on the motherboard where the
> first simm slot was partially melted at a few pins. It now goes thru
> it's memory test and all. Probe-scsi-all recognises the drive and
> cdrom. But, trying to boot of the cd, I'm having a problem. I dont
> have any known to work in an Ultra 1 cdroms, so it''s trial and error
> time.
>
> Can you boot the OS off of a Plextor PX-32TSi? I've put it on ID 6 and
> enabled block mode, parity and internal termination (i've tried most
> combinations). This should work, yes? I'm getting a "data access
> error".

The Plextor is one of the few drives that just work with nearly
everything.

You need the block jumper set. I would disable internal termination and
give that a try.

It also sounds like you may have bad media.

--
Mike N

If you have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and
egg whites, whisk, and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.