[rescue] Plextor PX-32TSi and ultra 1

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Thu May 12 16:18:58 CDT 2005

I'm looking at an Ultra 1 I got a while back and never got around to
fixing/installing it. I fixed an issue on the motherboard where the
first simm slot was partially melted at a few pins. It now goes thru
it's memory test and all. Probe-scsi-all recognises the drive and
cdrom. But, trying to boot of the cd, I'm having a problem. I dont
have any known to work in an Ultra 1 cdroms, so it''s trial and error
time.

Can you boot the OS off of a Plextor PX-32TSi? I've put it on ID 6 and
enabled block mode, parity and internal termination (i've tried most
combinations). This should work, yes? I'm getting a "data access
error".

Francois