FW: [rescue] $35 50gig drives

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed May 4 16:48:24 CDT 2005

Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> Was that the original NEAT or one of the later variations, like NEAT-III?  I
> used NEAT-III, albeit briefly, on the NCR Century with which they replaced
> the 315.

Honestly, I don't recall.  At the time, I didn't know enough to ask.
(Neither do I know whether it was Algol 60 or Algol 68, since it wasn't
for quite a few years afterwards that I learned there were two different
versions of Algol.)

>>The first machine I used was a frankenDEC, a PDP10 and a
>>PDP11/70 linked
>>by a custom high-speed interface that Hatfield Polytechnic
>>called HETTI
>>(Hatfield Eleven-To-Ten Interface).
>
> Was that the machine that inspired the famous filk song, "The Crash of the
> Ten and Eleven?"

Since I'm forced to admit having never heard it, I don't know.  Clearly,
I'm deprived....

--
 Phil Stracchino
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net