[rescue] best NIC for Solaris/x86?

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Wed May 4 12:52:25 CDT 2005

On 5/4/05, Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at mail.zill.net> wrote:
> Anyone have a favorite NIC for Solaris/x86 ?  I am tempted to put in a
> QFEPCI I have sitting around, but really only need one port.
>
> Any Gigabit NICs worth getting ?
>
> --Patrick

You dont say for what kind of machine. I really like using Intel
PRO/1000 MT dual port in servers. If you are doing IPMP only and want
the most redundant setup then you'd go with 2 nics instead of 1 dual
port.

Broadcom gigabit works fine. Really, I haven't found anything from
broadcom, 3com or intel that dont work.

Good old intel pro/100 if you dont need gigabit work really well.

Francois