[rescue] decisions, decisions

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Mon May 2 15:14:02 CDT 2005

On 5/1/05, erie patsellis <erie at shelbyvilledesign.com> wrote:
> Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > I have some nice little Compaq Deskpro EN Small Form Factor machines -
> > Solaris 10 installs fine on them, supporting all hardware natively
> Really, I use a bunch of those around the house, now where can I obtain
> a copy of solaris (legally)?

If you are doing more than 1 install, I highly recommend a jumpstart
server... CD install is slow (like any other OS that has multiple CDs)
and DVD is ok, but quite frankly, once you've done jumpstart...

I dont know if the Compaq will do PXE. If not, you'll need a floppy at
a minimum, or select jumpstart from the CD.

Francois