[rescue] Cray T3E-1200E with installation support from Crayand licenses on eBay

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Mon May 2 07:30:39 CDT 2005

> Yeah, but that doesn't mean anyone would pay that price for it (or at
> least any *sane* person wouldn't).
> If someone wants more MFLOPS, there's *much* better ways to spend
> $100k...  And, I don't see many (if any) hobbyists or museums even
> coughing up nearly that much for a system like that.
> Pat

I'd say it's a bad deal.

There is this fellow Cray enthusiast that I talk to from time to time.

This is his personal collection. This is a building in his back yard:

http://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/geek/James_Cray/

When your done, please mop up the drool.

Really nice guy too.

--
: www.757tech.com  757 Technologies  (757)233-9460