[rescue] Looking : Sgi/Sun stuff

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Wed Jun 29 08:26:11 CDT 2005

>I just sat at one last night that was 24-bit.
>Mike Hebel

My campus-supplied work box, on the properties display under Winsucks
XceptionallyPutrid, currently set at 32-bit colour, 1280x1024 size.  It's a
Dell 1703FP in digital mode (has an analogue input as well, which makes a
sort of cheap kvm without the k or the m, for my Mac next to it).  Driving
it is an Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 (8xAGP).

Using a colour correction utility to display a spectrum, black is eehhh,
almost black, white is rather good, nice and bright at least, and the
gradients are pretty well separted evenly, with a little preference for the
red, oddly enough.

--
wes will