[rescue] Looking : Sgi/Sun stuff

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Jun 29 07:40:54 CDT 2005

On Jun 28, 2005, at 11:44 PM, Aaron Finley wrote:

> I'd like for you guys to look at this picture I just took.
>
> http://www.arnach.net/public/vp201.html
>
> This was about 6 inches away from the monitor, with a little zoom,
> on a
> solid support.
>
> The "Done" is the bottom of Firefox. I hope you see what I am talking
> about now.
>
> Any ideas? I'm honestly starting to think it is some problem with the
> Viewsonic, because I broke down and drove to see the Samsung 243T and
> the Apple Cinema 23" and neither of have the problem I have described.
> In fact, on the sales floor, even the entry-level Viewsonics seemed to
> have better quality.

My hunch is that it is either the Viewsonic itself (most likely) or
the particular driver/refresh (not so likely)... is that an analog
VGA picture or DVI?

Those pixels (in your photo) are like 3D... so not only do they look
well defined but they seem to be domed towards the viewer.  I just
put my nose 6 inches away and while I can see each individual pixel
the same way on my screen, they're flat pixels not domed looking....
and the black lines are very thin.  If I stare too long the whole
thing wiggles and blurs and my eyes hurt.  I can't look at it too
long like that.

Andrew

"I BET WITH SOME LIQUID COOLING YOU COULD GET TO 500MHZ! OMGWTFBBQ!"
-- Bill Bradford joking about what to do with Cyclequads