[rescue] Looking : Sgi/Sun stuff

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 22:44:21 CDT 2005

Andrew Weiss wrote:
> On Jun 28, 2005, at 10:56 AM, Aaron Finley wrote:
>

>>Andrew Weiss wrote:
>>
>>Well what are you doing with it? Whats your app? The Viewsonic is
>>perfect for web work and web browsing and word processing and the
>>like,
>>but when I try to do color corrections and compositing on it, the
>>pixels
>>are right there in my face.

I'd like for you guys to look at this picture I just took.

http://www.arnach.net/public/vp201.html

This was about 6 inches away from the monitor, with a little zoom, on a
solid support.

The "Done" is the bottom of Firefox. I hope you see what I am talking
about now.

Any ideas? I'm honestly starting to think it is some problem with the
Viewsonic, because I broke down and drove to see the Samsung 243T and
the Apple Cinema 23" and neither of have the problem I have described.
In fact, on the sales floor, even the entry-level Viewsonics seemed to
have better quality.

-- Aaron Finley