[rescue] Looking : Sgi/Sun stuff

Shawn Wallbridge shawn at synack-hosting.com
Tue Jun 28 13:23:13 CDT 2005

Aaron Finley wrote:

> Well what are you doing with it? Whats your app? The Viewsonic is
> perfect for web work and web browsing and word processing and the like,
> but when I try to do color corrections and compositing on it, the pixels
> are right there in my face.

You are using an LCD for color correction? We have tested a ton of LCD's
and have yet to find one that has the color adjustability that we
require for our color calibration software that we need for color
correction (hell, very few CRT's are capable, we use the Dell P992 and
the Sony FW-900 right now). Real black is almost impossible on a LCD.

I could see getting by with an LCD for compositing, but your colors
could still get all out of whack, so why bother. All our compositors use
  the Sony FW-900 now (yay, 24" monitor for $349 on eBay).

shawn