[rescue] Looking : Sgi/Sun stuff

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Mon Jun 27 13:45:08 CDT 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Yup.  I'm waiting for the day when I can go buy a new TV, bring it home
> in the car, and unroll it on the livingroom wall.  It ought to be
> feasible pretty soon.  I have little doubt it'll (at least initially)
> sell FAR above its actual cost.

I've always hoped they could get LCD panels that would write to the edge
and then you could make them modular.  Snap together some 14" panels in
a seamless 2x2 grid and you've got a 28" monitor or TV.  If you want to
expand, buy 5 more for 3x3 at 42".  Repeat ad nauseum.

Why have to replace or ship huge panels when you can replace 14" panels
like light bulbs?

Of course if they get these active screens on rolls for pennies, my vision
is blown out of the water.  :)

-DanD

# Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if
# he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.