[rescue] Looking : Sgi/Sun stuff

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sun Jun 26 11:35:50 CDT 2005

" From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
"
" Fri, 24 Jun 2005 @ 22:23 -0500, Bill Bradford said:
"
" > I finally got rid of my last CRT (at work; I got rid of all my CRTs at
" > home when I moved six months ago).  When Dell 17" ES173FP flat panels
" > are $225 or less, it's hard not to..
"
" Well, there are still problems with flat panels:
"
"     - they look like absolute crap at anything other than native
"       resolution.
"     - even the fast ones are still slower than a CRT
"     - to get one with the same color quality and resolution as
"       my CRT, I have to pay a bit over $700
"     - damage to pixels is glaringly obvious
"     - most flat panel screens are plastic, and thus fragile and harder
"       to clean (Princeton makes some with glass)
"     - they look like crap when viewed indirectly
"
" I could probably put up with a lot of those negatives, but not at
" current prices.

likewise in spades, but right now -any- price and non-native res
really kill them for me.  i'm running at 1152x900 - any lcd do that?
and i want to move to 1600x1280, just as soon as i find a sony g200 i
can afford.  anyone got one they don't want?