[rescue] IBM Mainframe fun

Atom rescue at port11.net
Thu Jun 23 23:04:31 CDT 2005

On Jun 23, 2005, at 9:06 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

>>> Where to get that nice background image?
>>>

>> images.google.com search for system370 AFAIR.  Or I can just
>> uplaod it
>> somewhere. 8-)
>>

> There is at least one mainframe-porn site out there with some
> outstanding pictures.
>
> I really miss computers that look like computers...

Our mainframe guys here are neat. In the last few days they gave me a
crash course on os/360 and what they migrated too. IIRC right now
they run z/OS.

Turns out all the NCIC/WALES data we process runs true a huge IBM
mainframe. The old system that I am right now replacing is still
using SNA.
The new system is still sort of SNA but over TCP/IP and not direct
serial lines to the MUX. But you know what I really love the IBM SNA
MUX.
All the blinkenlights are fun.

-- Atm