[rescue] IBM Mainframe fun

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Tue Jun 21 10:04:05 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 00:58, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Since I don't have room or money for a System/370, I emulated one.
> 8-)
>
> Got OS/360 and MVT up and running.  Need to fix a timer problem, then
> I can get HASP and TSO going as well...
>
> http://www.mrbill.net/hercules.jpg

Running TSO looks a bit like this:

http://purdueriots.com/imgs/herc-tso.png

It's been a while since I last played with Hercules (running an S/360 OS
anyways).  That was before I acquired my S/390 (and more recently, my
ES/9000)...

It'd be fun if I could get that same setup functioning on my ES/9000.
It's too bad that I have way too much other thing to work on right
now. :(

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/