[rescue] "I prefer a GUI"

Mike Meredith mike at redhairy1.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 14:15:00 CDT 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:42:25 -0500, Mike Parson wrote:
> And man pages that say, "refer to the infotex page for the real info,"
> just make me cranky.

Grrr. Those GNUpeople spent too much time using ITS or wherever info
came from. It wasn't a bad idea to improve man pages, but it should have
been done by extending man.

Still beats those missing man pages that should say :-

fred at example.com started writing this command, but he has not finished
as the manual page is not present. Please email him to ask where it is.

(mind you I don't always write man pages)

> Which is sad, seeing as how early Unix was used for for document
> processing, but I guess a photo typesetter isn't exactly an HP inkjet,
> is it?

Actually what I should have said was that administrating the print
spooler has always been a disaster area. Once it is working properly it
usually works quite well.