[rescue] Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sun Jun 12 22:12:40 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 08:26, Sandwich Maker wrote:
.
.
.
> {btw, 2.5.1 was the only ver that ran on ppc; ibm iron, not macs]

Solaris 2.5 and 2.5.1.

It ran on IBM PPC machines (the preproduction one being termed
'sandalfoot') and the Motorola Powerstack.  (I believe I'm remember
these names correctly).

At the time I worked for SunService and we were supporting Solaris
PPC.  Never really did much support on it however... it never
really caught on before it was 'dumped'.

Still wouldn't mind getting 2.5.1 PPC and a box to run it on...

-- Curt