[rescue] Looking for a lunchbox sparc

Jody Stephens jody.stephens at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 13:17:44 CDT 2005

I finally buckled down and started learning C. I am thinking that a
minimal environment would help show me relative costs of various
programming idioms better than my thinkpad. I've also noticed that I
tend to be a lot more thoughtful if the edit->compile->test loop takes
a bit longer than an eye blink. I also find that the less distraction
(web browsers, blinking 24 bit graphics, backgrounds) the easier it is
to focus. So I've decided to go minimal.

I would use my IPX, but it is inexplicably missing it's NVRAM chip.
I'm seeing prices of ~$15-$20 for new NVRAM chips, which seems a bit
excessive. I seem to remember there being mention of people having,
IIRC, "metric buttloads" of the lunchbox machines lying about. If that
is the case I'd be happy to take a couple off of your hands for cost
of shipping and your time. (LX || Classic || IPX) is what I'm looking
for, I don't need a drive with it, but a working NVRAM would be great.
Or if someone has a spare working NVRAM for an IPX that'd be great as
well. If nothing else a Sparc 2 or Sparc 1(+) would satisfy. I'm
located in Denver, Colorado USA. Thanks.

Jody