[rescue] From Macintouch

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Jun 9 09:29:56 CDT 2005

On Jun 9, 2005, at 9:43 AM, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

>>> Well, we will know shortly after the developers start getting their
>>> $999 P4 dev kits.
>>>

>> Those $999 P4 Dev kits are "on loan" to developers, Apple says
>> they want
>> them back at the end of 2006 (IIRC).
>>

> They are probably just saying that in order to avoid people buying
> them and selling them to others... what would Apple do with a bunch of
> old prototype machines?

They are probably the only OS X running Intel boxes that won't have
DRM... they probably would also give away a lot of insight on how to
hack the new boxes the moment they came out.

<Apple>Pweeze don't hang on to these... crap!...errr..give em back
"They are not a product."</Apple>

Andrew

"I BET WITH SOME LIQUID COOLING YOU COULD GET TO 500MHZ! OMGWTFBBQ!"
-- Bill Bradford joking about what to do with Cyclequads