[rescue] Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 9 05:59:48 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shirker" <shirker at mooli.org.uk>
To: "The Rescue List" <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 6:48 AM
Subject: Re: [rescue] Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

> Now there's one more. I agree with the analyses already posted to this
> list which went "it's all about the DRM", and to be honest I want to see
> the entire Intel/DRM experiment blow up in Steve's face.

I think the DRM issues won't be that big *for me*, as I burn my own music
from real CDs. That may change, bit for now, I don't pay to download my
music. As long as I can burn "clean" MP3s I'm good for now, and since the
software to do so already exists, I'd find it hard to believe that
capability will be going away anytime soon...

As a concept, I hate CPU-bound DRM, but as a software professional, I have
to admit it has it's place. It is the use of it that can cause concern...