[rescue] Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

Shirker shirker at mooli.org.uk
Thu Jun 9 05:48:24 CDT 2005

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> > On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, William Enestvedt wrote:
> >> Well, that does it: The Steve has made it official that Apple is moving
> >> to Intel within two years, and the copies of the new Xcode they're
> >> hading out at the doors will build fat binaries.
> > Does anyone want to buy a dual G4?
> Why, does the latest announcement make your dual G4 somehow slower?

No. It makes owning it less pleasurable, though, given that I bought it as
I specifically didn't want to give my money to a company making only x86
machines (we all know there are far too many of those).

Now there's one more. I agree with the analyses already posted to this
list which went "it's all about the DRM", and to be honest I want to see
the entire Intel/DRM experiment blow up in Steve's face.

> > Also, does anyone want to sell an Ultra 80? ;)
> Get a CycleQuad (couldn't help myself ;^)

Then maybe I could get to 500MHz!!1111oneone