[rescue] E4000 installation

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Jun 8 16:28:58 CDT 2005

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 21:02:48 +0200
Michael-John Turner <mj at turner.org.za> wrote:

> Hehe. How many do you have now Jochen? :)
Around 80 in my flat. (About 10 additional at my parents house.) Most of
them in the machine room (approx. 15 m^2). That is close to 4.5
computers per m^2. Ewww. That is more then I thought. A few in the hall.
The Sun 3/260 is the only machine in the living room. It is (ab)used
as right side of my desk. The left side is an emty VAX 4000 storage
enclosure.

> Luckily I had the foresight not to try and bring the AlphaServer 2100
> inside
Don't remind me. I had to call a friend to help me to cary my
AlphaServer 2100 two stairs up. Even with side panels and PSUs removed
this beast was quite heavy.

>From Brian Chase:
TOP TEN SIGNS THAT YOU'RE A VAX GEEK
[...]
8. You stopped purchasing new furniture when you realized that
   your computers work just as well.
[...]
--

tsch|_,