[rescue] From Macintouch

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Jun 7 12:14:20 CDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 12:59:51PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> didn't Jobs kill the Newton?  If so, he would of
> course not care about anything Newton-related.

Maybe not. Remember that the Apple Computer Corp. that Jobs was given
was in the toilet waiting for the flush. It was losing money, customers,
market share, and relevancy. It had too many products in too many directions.

The Newton was one of those products. It was a good thing on its own,
but as part of the whole it just did not fit. Jobs may have been better
off to sell it and use the cash to improve Apple, but he did not. Maybe he
tried and no one was buying.

What keeps me a loyal Apple customer is the operating system. I mean OSX,
not the old one which the last big upgrade was MacOS 7, circa 1991.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
VoN  Skype: mendelsonfamily. Looking for work as a CTO or consultant in
handheld gaming, large systems development, handheld device construction, etc.
See U.S. patent applications  20050108591,  20050107165.