[rescue] From Macintouch

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Mon Jun 6 13:34:39 CDT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 13:01, William Enestvedt wrote:

> So I don't have a CompSci background or anything, but do they actually
> say whether these will be Pentiums or something entirely new? (Given
> that there's a demo machine running right now, I guess it'd have to
> be.)

AFAIK, Intel is coming out with their Pentium D stuff in 2006, and
it's been speculated that even though the current dev demos are
running P4s, any actual shipping Macs will run on the Pentium D
stuff. Again, it's been speculated that this will be significantly
different from (but not incompatible with) current P4 instruction
sets. Uhh, I don't remember where I read that, though. I've been all
over this morning. Take it with the standard grain of internet-ready
rock salt.

Hmm, I guess I had better find my least-dirty pair of socks to eat ;).
As posted on /., "It's cold in hell today."
heh.

  - Micah