[rescue] My new UltraSparc 5's, also my first Sun stations

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Jun 6 10:26:10 CDT 2005

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 02:42:58PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> You can run OpenGL over the network using DGL or GLX extensions to X.
>
> SGI had it for IrisGL, precursor to OpenGL, like 10 years ago.

Err, OpenGL had it like 10 years ago.  IrisGL longer.

> Also SGI sells some kind of solution for high-end shops where the
> heavy work is done on Altix or Onyx and then displayed on some other
> machine.  I saw it at LinuxWorld NYC 2-3 years ago when the Altix had
> just come out.

I saw them demo'ing it at MMVR 2 years ago.  They had volumetric
rendering of the visible human male data set being performed on an Onyx
3x00 and displayed over 802.11b (at least I think it was b) on a WinCE
hand held.

I kinda thought that their OpenGL Viserver was Irix only though.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/