[rescue] 18 gigers in an Ultra 2? Ultra 1 ????

Paxton innfosun at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:19:06 CDT 2005

A surprise came today. I got 3 sun drives today from a cheap ebay
puurchase. It was supposed to be a 4.2 and 2 9 gig drives for my U1
and U2. What showed up were 3 X5237A 18 gig 10K drives, 1 IBM & 2
Fujitsu.

I think these can be used in the U2 but can they be used in the U1??
They don't show up on the Sunsolve list of supported drives for either
of these boxes.

Any tricks in formatting them?

Another question. The U2 came with dissimilar processors, a 200 MHz
and a 400 Mhz. It looks to me that they don't mix but need to match,
at least in frequency, is this true? The U2 runs with either but not
both. At the moment I have the single 400 in it.

Thanks for the help.
--
Paxton Hoag
Astoria, OR