[rescue] [Slightly OT]: Desk/Tables for multiple computers

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Jul 20 19:28:58 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 07:32:27PM -0400, Carl R. Friend wrote:

>    I agree that cubes should be banned.  Condemned criminals get more
> space than most cubes afford.

I miss my old cube.  6' walls yes, but it had a comfortable chair and
was a border cube along a wall long window and furniture that didn't
tear my pants to shreds.

Now I'm in an office, but it has no door and is in the middle of the
building with no windows and crappy lighting.  Now I really do feel
imprisoned.  Plus, instead of one quiet laptop, I have 10 noisy machines
that manage to make themselves heard around my headphones.  And instead
of listening to the murmer of other people talking quietly (which I
hated at the time), I get to hear endless intercom pages.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/