[rescue] VLAN question (rescued hw)

Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 patrick at zill.net
Wed Jul 13 17:44:55 CDT 2005

I have a 64-IP subnet on an Intel 410T switch.

I rescued a 510T switch, plus a V100 plugged into it.

I then ran a normal cable between port 1 on the 410T switch and port 1 on the 510T, and pushed the MDI / MDIX button and got a green light indicating a link.

But I cannot ping from a machine on the 410T switch to the V100 on the 510T.

Is it some kind of weirdness having to do with VLANs?  Anyone have any suggestions on what to try next?  I am going to hookup serial console to both the V100 and the 510T in an effort to figure out what is going wrong.

--Patrick