[rescue] Anyone for a Pismo?

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Sun Jul 10 13:13:03 CDT 2005

All,

I've got a Pismo Powerbook that I'm thinking of parting with. I thought I'd
put it up here first, and then try the LowEnd Mac swap list and/or eBay.

It's a G3 400Mhz, has 192 MB of RAM, a 10GB hard drive. Pismo was the
top-end Powerbook before the Ti's came out- well, there was a 500Mhz
version, but this is only 400.

Has two USB and two Firewire ports. Is currently running Panther, and is a
little sluggish due to the lack of memory, but it's usable. I believe I can
bump it up to 256 MB- takes PC-100 SODIMMs.

Cosmetically, I'd call it a 8.5-9 out of 10. Screen is excellent. Bottom has
"Property of St. Olaf College" branded into the plastic.

Here's one wrinkle. I actually have two Pismos- one with the DVD drive
module, and one with only the Zip drive module. I'd be willing to sell this
machine with the DVD module, but would sell cheaper if the buyer would take
the Zip module. With Firewire, using external devices is pretty easy.

 I'd consider offers at $250 and over.

Likewise, if anyone has an extra DVD module (the one from Lombard works as
well) or SODIMMs 256 MB or greater they want to sell, let me know.

Thanks,

Steve