[rescue] RS6k 7013-J40 or J50

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Sun Jul 10 11:08:58 CDT 2005

On Sunday 10 July 2005 10:25, Atom wrote:
> Picked up a 7013-J40 or J50 next to a dumpster yesterday. Looks like
> the machine is filled with 1.5Gb of ram, 8 CPU's and bunch of MCA
> cards. I didn't have the proper power cord to fire it up yet but it
> is complete (besides the wrong front-bezel).
>
> There are a bunch of DIFF SCSI MCA cards and 2 cards that seem like 4
> * mini serial connectors.
>
> Any inputs on that machine?

There's a list of available options for Microchannel machines here:
(sorted by the x-y identifier on the card brackets)
http://publib16.boulder.ibm.com/pseries/en_US/infocenter/base/hardware_docs/pdf/380533.pdf

The "mini serial connector" cards are most likely SSA disk controllers
(IBM's early version of fiberchannel).

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/