[rescue] [Slightly OT]: Desk/Tables for multiple computers

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Sun Jul 10 02:49:37 CDT 2005

on 7/9/2005 9:27 PM Aaron Finley wrote:

> Believe it or not, IKEA. The vika desk with steel legs ran me $89. The
> desk top is 63x31 and is two inches thick (!), finished in beech veener.

I like the Ikea Jerker line. You can get a desk as table, or you can get
the model I got that has the desktop and a secondary shelf. Put the
desktop up high and use the shelf down below for holding your CPUs (like
a graphic artist workstation), put the desk low and use the shelf as
overhead storage. Add-on bits, including a shelf extension to add a
second shelf. I've got a ton of books sitting over my desk now.

The one problem -- Jerker isn't exactly cheap, but it's not hideously
expensive, I think it looks very clean and sharp, and it's held up under
a couple of years of constant abuse for me. Good stout construction,
easy to put together, and it never fails to draw comments.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
"Aikido is based around the central precept of letting an attack take