[rescue] Sun crushes the used Sun market

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jul 4 11:10:53 CDT 2005

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 @ 23:14 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

> The $895 price includes 3 yr hardware warranty (next business day) &
> you can double the memory included by entering "doubleyourmemory" as a
> coupon at checkout...

Anyone seen one yet?  It would be nice to know if the build quality is
good.  I'm hoping for something better than the Blade systems.

Also, does it use a PC BIOS?

It would be nice if it had a nice ROM monitor instead.

> Something to think about - maybe this will get me to dump my
> *zillions* of older Sun boxen... The mind reels...

That's one thing I have thought about.  My old Suns are noisy and
getting harder to support, and aren't always fast enough.

The only problem is I would need more than two drives, and rather have
them in the box than in an enclosure.

I wonder if one of those 5-bay SATA RAIDs would fit?  They slide into a
pair of half-height bays.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [There is a limit to how stupid people really
are -- just as there's a limit to the amount of hydrogen in the Universe.