[rescue] Anyone have Syquest 3.5" SCSI drive + disksyadon't want?

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Tue Jan 25 20:41:50 CST 2005

> True enough.  Just that you can still walk into any computer store and
> buy your Zip stuff there. =)
> I think I saw a Zip 750 at Fry's this weekend.

Hah! All the modern drives are IDE though... I saw the 750 I think on
feeBay once and was shocked.

Years ago when I worked at an ISP (~95) quite a few of the tech support
people (including myself) picked up zip drives. Broadband was just rumors,
and with a DS3 terminating in the building one couldn't help but fill zip
disks at work and tote them home.

I've heard a scsi zip drive is faster than the early scsi drives installed
in Amiga 2000s and such.

--
: www.757tech.com  757 Technologies  (757)233-9460