[rescue] Seeking thinkpad 240C..

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Wed Jan 5 12:17:35 CST 2005

> That trip took three days, but I got a brand new screen. No cost. After
> that, I was a little gunshy, so I bought AppleCare. Of course the machine
> has run like a charm ever since.
>
> I've had other friends and acquaintances relate similar experiences. So-
> maybe Apple has treated some folks poorly, but they get an A+ in my book
> for
> service.

Yep, the biggest one I know bought a tibook. The paint was rubbing off but
he didn't seem to care too much about that. Then there was a video
controller failure, and I think apple replaced it (the whole mainboard
AFAIK). Then it happened again after the warranty had expired, but his
compusa extended coverage kicked in. They couldn't find a replacement
part. Alot of his beef was with CompUSA, but it didn't help that Apple had
failed to remedy the problem once. I believe he assumed that if it was
fixed, it would just fail again.

Now he has a Dell. If it breaks, you pitch it and buy a new one.

--
: www.757tech.com  757 Technologies  (757)233-9460