[rescue] NetBSD on old (non-OSX capable) PowerBooks?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Dec 22 15:28:45 CST 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 wrote:

> would like to hear of your experience(s) with running NetBSD or other
> free Unix-a-likes on non-OSX PowerBooks like the 5300 and 3400c
> series...

I seem to recall the 5300 being Strange (ie: NuBus internally or some
crap) apart from being slow as a very slow thing, so it might not be the
best choice for such an endeavour.  I've not tried NetBSD on a 3400c,
but I had reasonablei[0] luck running it on a PM7300.

[0] Some Forth/OFW hacking is required due to firmware bugs and general
     Mac brain damage.
--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Buy the best there is, because it's sorry enough."
Elgin, TX         (                                      --Henry Zuehlke