[rescue] ham gear

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 08:10:15 CST 2005

On 12/7/05, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> What you are talking about is our current crop of dismally trained
> enemies.

[...]
> What gains you respect on the battlefield, and ironically in politics,
> is a personal ass kicking.
>
> The US soldier (and those of some of our allies) are very good at this,
> and that is what wins battles for us.
>
> Technology helps, but we'll fade away if we ever replace good soldiers
> with it.

Agreed.  A recent email on one of my college mailing lists from the
father of a Marine mentioned that pretty much the only thing killing
soldiers in Iraq are IEDs (which are very sophisticated in spite of
being "IEDs").  His son told him the "terrorists" were remarkably
bad shots, and they are scared to death of our snipers.

"Captured enemy have apparently marveled at the marksmanship
of our guys and how hard they fight. They are apparently told in
Jihad school that the Americans rely solely on technology, and
can be easily beaten in close quarters combat for their lack of
toughness."

=Nadine=