[rescue] ham gear

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Dec 6 23:00:17 CST 2005

Ethan O'Toole wrote:

> No, what is scary is how bad-ass the military systems are. Whoever the
> other guys are, they won't have a chance. The only thing they can do is
> suicide bomber type crap.

What I'm talking about is when we get into an industrial nation war,
where the other side is well trained, well supplied, and has similar
logistical capability.  It would be amazingly foolish to assume it won't
ever happen.

I'm talking about meeting an army with the training, discipline, and
logistics of Germany in WWII.  Something like that.

What you are talking about is our current crop of dismally trained
enemies.

> Drag and drop warfare.

...is the most stupid thing we could ever do.

What gains you respect on the battlefield, and ironically in politics,
is a personal ass kicking.

The US soldier (and those of some of our allies) are very good at this,
and that is what wins battles for us.

Technology helps, but we'll fade away if we ever replace good soldiers
with it.