[rescue] 711 disk problems

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Aug 16 10:48:49 CDT 2005

Thu, 11 Aug 2005 @ 12:44 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> Anyone have any speculation here *other than* I just got dead unlucky
> and got two defective disks in a row?  I'm figuring that's the
> explanation, considering these are reconditioned disks, but if there's
> another possibility, I'd like to hear it.
>
> The disks are IBM Ultrastar 36XP SCA2 disks, model number DRHS-36D.

Have you tested the "failed" drives on another controller yet to make
sure they are really bad?

If they really don't work, then the answer seems obvious.  I don't think
your 711 killed them.

I used to buy reconditioned drives sometimes, but always ended up having
trouble with them.

Too many people out there selling stuff that just isn't good, even if
they don't mean to.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["And in billows of might swell the Saxons
before her,-- Unite, oh unite!	Or the billows burst o'er her!" -- Downfall