[rescue] i'm in love

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Apr 29 09:06:08 CDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 08:32:14PM -0700, Brian Howe wrote:

> I'm in SoCal (The OC baby!!!) and I'd sure like to have anything faster than
> an Ultra1 with a 143Mhz cpu. I like Sun, but I've never had the opportunity
> to play with SGI/Irix. I'm on a severely restricted budget ($25 per month or
> less) so ebay has been pretty much out of the question for me.

6 months will get you a very nice Octane from ebay ($100 for 270mhz,
512meg machine that has the best xbow, PSU, and motherboard for future
upgrades).  But, considering where you are, I'd think you should be able
to find pick up stuff.

> If anyone wants to donate, the systems are going to a good home where they
> will be cared for and looked after very well.

I'm on the wrong coast, and now that I have more storage space, I don't
need to turn those poor unwanted computers away.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/